Programma del terzo incontro mondiale delle società di diritto internazionale – Lima, 23 e 24 marzo 2023 – Tavola rotonda “Narratives and languages in international law“ (pag. 3 del programma) evento co-organizzato dalla Società Italiana di Diritto Internazionale e di Diritto dell’Unione europea (SIDI) e dalla Société française pour le droit international (SFDI).
The evolution of international law, its perception, how it is conceived and the way in which the subjects communicate its content is, without a doubt, an essential point for the contemporary discussion of this legal discipline. Addressing these axes is, then, imperative for a better understanding and articulation of its content in the face of new themes and constant changes.
Tavola rotonda organizzata dalla Società Italiana di Diritto Internazionale di Diritto dell’Unione europe (SIDI) e dalla Société française pour le droit international (SFDI).
List of speakers and subtopics:
Chair: Prof. Clémentine Bories, Member of the French Society of International Law.
Introduction: Prof. Jean-Marc Sorel, President of the French Society of International Law.
Languages, their use and their role in the perception of international law.
- Prof. David Pavot, Professor at the University of Sherbrooke and Vice President of the Société Québécoise de Droit International
- Prof. Lucas Carlos Lima, Professor of the Université Fédérale de Minas Gerai.
Places, functions and discourse on international law.
- Prof. Pierre Bodeau-Livinec, International Law Association Director of Studies.
- Prof. Dandi Gnamou, Professor in Abomey-Calavy University, former Secretary General of
the Supreme Court, President of the Audit Chamber, Bénin.
Discourses of States and international law.
- Prof. Enrico Milano, Legal Advisor, Permanent Mission of Italy of the United Nations.
- Prof. Hyun-Jun Kim, Member of the Korean Society of International Law.
Final Thoughts. Pasquale Di Sena, President of the Italian Society of International Law.